Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Land Rover timing chest

     OK, So I took the timing chest off yesterday and took pics today. I went to the welders but he was out on a job so I couldn't drop it off. In the following pics you can see the erosion on the inside of the water passage.


    I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning up the block. Removing the old RTV from the front, fuel lift cover, vacuum cover. I sponged out the oil and coolant from the head bolt holes with paper towels. The residual oil in the cam shaft part of the block was sponged out with cotton towels and inspected for debris. I think it is all cleaned out now. I want to borrow the camera again and inspect the camshaft bearings.
    If I can get Daren to weld up the timing chest I should be set to rebuild! The last pic is the front of the block prior to cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment