Saturday, March 26, 2016

109 Land Rover update

I know, I know you are all wondering and before PVKD emails me asking what's going on.....

I received my new power steering pump and changed that out. What a mess! Had to remove the air cleaner and the alternator to get at all the fittings and slacken off the belts.



Drain the fluid. and get a facefull in the process.

At this point I decided to try to rectify the hoses going under the frame issue. I took a piece of SS 5/8" tubing I had left over a tried bending it with heat and various shapes until I got an almost 180 degree bend. Then I could cut the existing hose and put in the 180 thereby keeping the hose out from under the chassis and avoid and pinching which might occur due to the close proximity to the shock.



I was also able to reroute the other hose to the pump along the frame rail and keep it out from under the frame also.



At the same time in order to help alleviate the engine oil loss I decided to remove the turbo which has been(I think) a source of the oil in the intake. I am sending it down to North Hollywood to get a new cartridge from Invasion Auto Products. They will also check my boost acuator to make sure it is working. That went in the mail on Thursday. So we shall see.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment