Monday, March 14, 2016

Land Rover 109, should be named Leaky.....

When I was putting the 200 in I bought a used power steering pump from a UK breaker who shall remain nameless but initials are CWS....Upon start up the darn thing leaked from the beginning. I tried just running with it thinking it might slow down or stop but no joy. I put some Blue Devil transmission stop leak in and still it leaks.
  Over the weekend I drove the 109 up the California coast on it's longest run so far. Hoping the 2 hours would help the Blue Devil work. When the weather dried enough I checked the fluid level and decided to buy a new pump. I have ordered a new one from Craddocks for 123.00GBP or 176.93USD. Part # NTC8288.



On the plus side the 109 ran fine with 2 exceptions; 1) it kept popping out of 4th gear while on the highway, 2) top speed was only 60MPH gps verified.

   We are getting a few days break from rain so I will look into these.

I don't really want to call it leaky.....or money pit.........

No comments:

Post a Comment