Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Land Rover 109 longer test drive

I took a longer test drive the other day to check out my engine temperature management. I drove up a longish hill at around 35mph from 600ft up to 2500ft of elevation over 10 miles. The 109 ran fine I am happy to report.

On the flat driving to the hill the temp needle stayed around the middle of the gauge. I know from the past that the electric fan does not come on in this range. On the flat I hit speeds of 45-50mph. Once going up the hill the needle climbed to just below the red and at one point I saw it slightly in the red. This is about 200F.  IIRC the fan comes on at 210F and off at 160F.



Below are some pics I took in and around Big Basin State Park http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=540 on the test drive.








No comments:

Post a Comment