Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Land Rover 109 gets LED indicators

   My indicators weren't working quite right due to the small LED indicators I put in the dash. The light would come on when selected but not really go out between cycles just dim and brighten. That worked but I wanted some definition so peoples wouldn't be mistaken about my turning intent.

   The cure would be either take out my small dash LED's or convert to LED's all around. So thanks to some investigation and posting up on the Guns and Rovers forum by Stomper all the part numbers were readily available.

    I purchased for around $75.00 from Superbrightleds.com  4 amber 180degree #1156-A18-T lites and 1 flasher # FL3-RED-K, 3 pin Red American Flasher.



   So just pull open the dash and pull the old flasher and swap wires and install the new flasher.



Here's a look at the different bulbs;



   Then just walk around the 109 and replace the lites. Do they call the LED's bulbs? There is no glass.



Check for operation, I had to check my ground in the dash to get things to work.



TA-DA!

No comments:

Post a Comment