Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Land Rover door handles

    So it is raining now and I thought I would update my blog.

     Before the rains came I was able to put on my door handles. With the Iron Goat door cards on I scoped out where the handle reinforcing strip was and put a chalk string line across the door. Then I snapped a line. Measuring the length of the handle and subtracting that from the length of the center spot on the door card, then dividing that in half gave me 2 1/2" on either side of the handle to center it. Once centered and held in place I drilled a 1/8" pilot hole thru the handle holes.


     Then the door card was removed and 1/4" holes drilled in the door for the 10-24 rivnuts. With my cordless drill I installed the rivenuts.



     Gosh, I don't remember but I drilled something like 5/32" holes thru the door card for the screws to pass thru.  Once again the door card was reinstalled and the handle put on. This was done on both doors.




      I also measured and cut a piece of conveyor belting 36" wide and 76" long for my tub bed and slid that in.



     The new injector pump diaphragm came in and I put that on, It starts right up and no leaks.





No comments:

Post a Comment