Saturday, March 7, 2015

I feel cursed! Locker wrong

My whole ife nothing has gone right or easy, what the fuck did I do?

 Who cares! Maybe this fourth beer will help!

Today I found out that Ashcroft sent the wrong diff for my vehicle, it has no oil fill  and my axle housing has none either. I told them it was for a 1960 Series 2. I did a lot of stuff today getting ready to put it in. I made a new paper gasket by measuring my old diff and cutting out a ring and then using a ball pien to make the holes for the bolts.

Then I went and tried it on the new locker tand made some small adjustments on the inner size to make it fit. Under the 109 I checked the fit only to find that the old one has 2 locating pins and the new locker had none so I cut the pins off with my dremel and ground the face flat and then wirebrushed the whole face clean. that when I went to p[ut on the diff after greaseing the new gasket. One of the locating points I use it the oil fill has to be in the right place, well looking as hard as I could I found it wasn't there. AARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!

So i put everything away and emailed Ashcroft(but it's Saturday) and cracked a beer.

Here's the pics from today; you figure it out.














No comments:

Post a Comment