Monday, January 27, 2014

Land Rover crankshaft bolt fixed! 19J

    OOOhhh, I feel so stupid and embarassed..............

I knew the new woodruff key was coming in today so this morning I went out and got ready for the new one. I pulled off the belts and the pulley and removed the damper. But I could see no keyway cut in the crankshaft. This could only mean one thing I had the type of crankshaft that used 2 slot cut, 1 for each key. And I had them both in place already.  All that worry and not driving for nothing.........

But I did take pictures!


This shows the key in position behind the seal.

The damper is replaced.


The homemade wrench put on.


    The bolt made hand tight.
Socket on the bolt.


The breaker bar put on. Here I put my foot on the handle and pressed as hard as I could 3 times until it stopped moving. I used my hands on the spring to gain some leverage. I frelling hope it is tight enough!


Then the pulley was replaced and the waterpump/alternator belt installed and tensioned.


Lastly the power steering belt was installed and tensioned. Then I started it up and made sure it was all working OK!

Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment