Sunday, March 25, 2012

Land Rover tub is on

Ok on Wednesday, Brian and Matt came over and we put the tub on the chassis. It was pretty straight forward. Carry it out of the paintbooth and put it on the chassis. first we moved the chassis forward so we could come over the back instead of lifting it up over the motor.

Thursdsay I took the oil cooler down to the media blaster to get the rust removed from the supports. In the afternoon I bolted down the tub. For this I had made some spacers out of HDPE (high density polyethelene) I used stainless hardware and antiseize.
Here is one of the alli ones and some of the hdpe spacers.


Brian has finished painting my radiator support panel and I put it on. Waiting on the oil cooler to be installed to take some photos. It is still at the blasters at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment