Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Land Rover 109 gets a name

 31 Aug 2021


   Last week I finally decided I would stop calling my 109, Fluffy. I called it that in response to all those peoples I know that gave their Rovers, mostly manly names, like Montgomery or Winston and/or stuck with a British theme like Queenie.

   I liked Fluffy because it is not.

Lots of names went thru my head, some very rapidly, others bouncing around in the dark empty void for a while before exiting out the tiny earhole.

One has stuck around even though it bounced around in the void of outer space(well on TV anyway).

I'm not much on art/lettering and I discovered a place online that would make vinyl transfers;

https://www.ebay.com/str/blackpearlcollectibles

So I check em out asked a question about application and received a prompt reply on a Sunday. Then placed an order and waited...............

The order got here a couple of days ago and I was busy with my Pelican case legs and I watched a how to apply video, Blackpearl, You really need to put that on Youtube and not just on Facebook.

Today I went out and put the decals, yes more than 1, on. I found I had to really press hard to get the decal to stick to the clear front, I mean really hard, working up a sweat hard!

I chose to do the one in the rear first as it would be easier to get at and I could use the tub as a work table.

Before;


After;



Next I prepped the rear of the front wings as it is the "traditional" place to put yer vehicles name, I cleaned and then put on some blue tape to align things.

,




Then applied the decal, which will probably get torn off the first time I drive through some shrubbery.



And of course the other side to follow;


By now you might be asking yourself where did he get such an awesome name and cool bilingual logo?

The answer is from the TV show Firefly that did 1 season in 2002 and was canceled due to a lot of Fox mismanagement;  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_(TV_series)

It was followed by a movie with the same cast called; what else; Serenity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serenity_(2005_film)

So there ya go!

No comments:

Post a Comment