Thursday, June 27, 2019

Land Rover bonnet latch

You know it, the center pin spring loaded dohickey. Kinda sits there out of sight doing it's thing. Then you want to check the fluid levels and you have to pull the lever over with one hand and lift the bonnet and spare up with the other.
    I can still do it that way, but decided I wanted to change over to the MoD holddown style of clamps. They do the job AND they look cool!
   Hard to find these days, the old well made style. I put up a notice on the Series 2 Forum, Wanted section and I got a reply. Well a couple of them actually and one of the members came through with a set for me. Thanks Steve!!

Steve even went out of his way to send me some measurement photos;





After they arrived I cleaned them up and repainted them to fit my motif. Next I got some hardware that would make it not so easy to steal, metric allen bolts! And going by the photo measurements I measured and drilled and bolted them on.




Now I can unhook the clamps and lift the bonnet with both hands. Sooo much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment