Thursday, June 20, 2019

Open letter to Britpart

I just emailed this to Britpart;

Dear Britpart,

    I am a longtime Series Land Rover owner having bought my first one in 1973.
    First I want to thank the folks behind Britpart who decided to be a source of replacement parts for my aging and beloved vehicles.
    Second I need, as it has gotten to this point, to take the company to task for the lack of quality of the parts being supplied. 
    To wit; brake drums so out of round they can not be trued, brake master cylinders being redesigned smaller to save cost and then leaking shortly after installation. Rubber seals......don't get me started, everywhere, doors, engine main seals, wheel hub,,,the list goes on...
    It has gotten so bad that Britpart is known as Shitpart on the forums. Don't feel bad other suppliers are also having crap parts(you all buy them from the same Chinese mfr, right?). Bearmach, Mintex to name a couple.

   So what to do? It's all about maximizing profit, right? 

Look we consumers are a bunch of tight-fisted peoples with access to the Internet and we know how to shop around and disseminate information, therefore IF you supply quality parts word will get around and peoples will buy them.

    I ask you to take a stricter control over your supply chain, make quality a bigger concern. Make better parts and I will pay better prices. I would rather pay big bucks for something once that will last than buy several cheap ones and have to replace them way too often.
     I know this goes against the theory of planned obsolescence, but it will benefit Britpart in the end.

regards,
gene

No comments:

Post a Comment