Thursday, November 12, 2015

Yikes!!! Loose lug nuts......

Can I just get a frelling break!!?

Drove to my daughter house and on the way back something was rattling in the back at certain vibration/speeds. I thought it was my tools which are still loose in the tub.

Today I go to drive into town and only get about 3/4 of a mile and decide I need to stop and find the rattle. thinking now that it is maybe a u-joint in the rear. I get out of the car and walk back to check it out and see ALL the lug nuts loose on my drivers rear. I can tell that the wheel holes are f**ked already. I get out the easily accessible tools and remove the wheel only to find;





I was able to put the wheel back on and tighten up the lug nuts(after checking the other ones) and drive home.

Nobody to blame but myself. I can't remember when or why I last had that wheel off.

I have new studs coming and have ordered a new rim. The studs are Series 3 press in style.

If it wasn't so typical it wouldn't be funny! Now I will have a deep dish portable campfire pan.

BUGGER!

Friday update,  Being told the rim is not in stock new batch being produced "in several weeks"

I need some VooDoo to protect me from Murphy................

No comments:

Post a Comment