Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Land Rover motor removal

Well, over the last week I removed everything on the injector pump side of the motor connecting it to the vehicle.




With the exception of the coolant system it was ready to pull.



I drained what I could fo the antifreeze and disconnected the hoses. It still looked like I needed to remove the radiator and support panel and then the oil cooler.
Brett and Amanda came over yesterday and helped me take those off. I thought that was all I was going to do as I was sore from a mountainbike fall and playing some frisbee. But I couldn't rest and I laid out my plywood and screwed it together to make a floor to roll the engine hoist on. Then my neighbor Bob came out and helped me pull the motor the last uphill bit. We set it on the ground so I could work on it and remove parts that might swap onto the 200TDI.



Maybe by next week I can have the new one in..................still have to find/make a intake/exhaust system.

No comments:

Post a Comment