Sunday, October 20, 2019

Roving Nevada Oct 2019, Day 2

Monday Oct 7, 2019

I slept most of the night, didn't even have to pee!
   Probably woke up around 0645 when the neighbor campers began packin the trailer. Who the F uses an impact driver in a campground before 0700?
    I was snug and warm and didn't get up till 0730, hunted up my coffee fixins and had a mocha by throwing in a hot cocoa mix, oatmeal was for breaky.
    Sitting around wondering what to do next, read a book? When I figured that I would just write up yesterday.
    I wrote, walked around a bit, but the ankle hasn't recovered and so wrote some more. Fixed quesadillia's for lunch and wrote more all while migrating with the shade. It is not hot, just sunny and partly cloudy.
    The OZ tent went up good last night, I still have to remember to hold the front up when "setting" the sides. It wasn't quite right as a tree prevented the awning from fully extending.

  The neighbors to my left moved on taking their 2 yapping dogs.

The early morning neighbors making the noise left before 0830.

Alas, peace was not for long, to my left came some folks and a dog. It was a pretty quiet one and only seemed to bark when folks walked by and stopped when commanded.
     Then around 1500  to my right...............I guess he was a nice enough guy, we never met, but he had his maybe 2 year old boy. The kid probably slept in the car so he was ready to go meanwhile dad tried to set up camp. Nothing like a 2yo who doesn't understand, Horribilis Infantus, couldn't help dad, would not shut up, emotionally tired from the trip, cried/screamed at every perceived "Not now I have to...." Until he fell asleep around 1930.
On the other hand I spent the day, writing, eating
and reading, letting my ankle rest.
     As dark fell(thud) I had a fire

and burned a whole milk crate of cut up pallets and scrap wood, then I climbed into my cocoon around 2130
My cocoon is a REI mummy bag rated to +10°F I woke up at 0100 way too hot and slept the rest of the night with it partly unzipped. It will be colder later in the week, but for now I could have used my +40°F cocoon.



Some pics from behind my campsite looking back into the Ione Valley;

Sunset;




To day 3; https://poppageno.blogspot.com/2019/10/roving-nevada-oct-2019-day-3.html

No comments:

Post a Comment