Wednesday, May 20, 2015

ARB Locker air compressor installed, Land Rover 109

Decided to go with an ARB compressor so I purchased one from 4Wheel Parts ( www.4wheelparts.com). Picked up the model CKMA12, high output on-board air kit.

   The biggest issue was trying to figure out where to put it. I started on making a side access behind the drivers door to put both the ARB and the battery. Once I realized I could put the battery under the bonnet I decided to put it in the same place as Brett put his; next to the heater blower on the RH footwell, under the wing. It fits great there!




There is a backing plate under the footwell.



Then I had to figure out a switch mounting plate that would accompany both my compressor and locker switches and the newly installed dual fuel selector valve. I like the idea, but, I'm not enamored of the hole thing as much as I thought I would be but that's changeable and the plate is large enough to hold more stuff if required.



Next I spent a day running wires and checking the wiring diagram and hooking up the switches. Once the battery was installed I could check for function and it appears to be working as intended even the dual fuel gauge!




I ran the blue air line and zip tied everything down.



I'm going to have to test it out by raising one wheel and doing the rotational movement thing then locking it and seeing if it moves......IF I did everything right it should work OK!

No comments:

Post a Comment