Wednesday, May 20, 2015

109 battery relocated

OK, I admit I didn't move it far. Once I put the wing on I figured that I might be able to put the battery under the bonnet. To do this I made some 7" stilts out of 1/8" angle iron and using my old legs as templates I drilled the appropriate holes and made the correct cutouts to fit around the oil cooler lines.




You can see the battery fits in the same spot only higher. I could only do this because when I was going to galvanize the frame I thought ahead and cut off the battery mount and pre-drilled holes in the mounting tabs on both the chassis and the tray before they were galvanized. The stilts are coated in truck bed liner.



There is plenty(I hope) of clearance for the timing cover if the motor doesn't jump around too much.



Even though it only moved a relatively small amount I needed to make new ground strap to the motor and a new power line to the winch by about 8-12"


No comments:

Post a Comment