Saturday, August 17, 2013

The hits just keep on happening!

     My son-in-law came over and while I turned the crank he looked at the camshaft. It is mostly good but #6 lobe has a bad mark on it so I'm going to have to replace it. I've ordered cam and bearings and end thrust plate, new microencapsulated bolts, tappet kits(include guide, roller, tappet), rocker arms. I need to get the timing pins for the injector pump and flywheel so those are also ordered. I previously ordered timing belt and tensioner so those will go on as well. All thru Trevor at Rovah Farm. http://rovahfarm.com/   I know I could have got them cheaper out of the UK but Trevor has been very helpful thruout the build. Thanks Trevor!  Everything will be here in about a week. So for now I sit and wait.
     I'd rather do this all now than someplace like Death Valley or Nebraska! It should run sweet after I'm finished!
     Here's a pic of the old tappet kits. I don't know if you can see but #4/6 guides are showing wear like #8 and you can see that those tappets also have 1 short leg due to wear. All the rollers are severely worn out of round with the exception of #3, it shows normal wear.



     Of course #8 on the far right is the one I drilled out, that is why it is in 2 pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment