Sunday, August 4, 2013

Land Rover raised air intake

     OK, well I want to put one on you know but having difficulty getting bits and just decided to make my own. For the wing interface, first I made a design in my head and then a template out of cardboard.

   I found the center and predrilled a centering hole for a 2 1/16" hole saw. Then the plate was cut out of some sheet steel (18ga?). I drilled the holes for the bolts and the tube all at the same time.
 I have some 2' tubing that came with the 2.5Dt for the air intake to the filter. It had a nice bend in one section. So I cut the tubing in the bend to make an aproximate 90 degree. This was then welded in to place.

    So far the bit was painted with black truck bed coating. This was done because I think it will get plenty of chances to be nicked up and hopefully it will hold up and not rust out so soon.


The underside is not done because I don't know whether it will be a right or a left side. Also procured was some 2' tubing for the bit next to the windscreen. I will have to get hose and adapter for the mushroom top. The top has a 2 9/16" OD on the outlet tube, it should also be bent to vertical.

No comments:

Post a Comment