Thursday, May 20, 2021

Land Rover 109 brake lights --- LED

 20 May 21


   Last week end I decided to inventory the spare bulbs in my spares case. To my surprise the boxes were mostly full of the standard bulbs I had taken out to be replaced with LED's. You can read that post here;

 https://poppageno.blogspot.com/2016/02/land-rover-109-gets-led-indicators.html

Subsequently I found that my brake/running lights were still bulbs. So I ordered some new red LED's for the 109 and a couple of spares from Superbrightleds.com. I bought a couple of spare amber LED's for the rear and I have a couple of clear ones for the front in stock.

Part #'s ;

1156 boat and RV LED light bulb Amber 1156-A18T

1157 dual function LED light bulb Red   1157-R27-T

I both in a 2 packs.

Here is the red LED;


This pic shows the running light LED on the left and stock bulb on the right,



This is the running lights on both sides;



Brake lights;


I think the back light and the camera don't pick up what the human eye does for the difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment