Saturday, September 3, 2016

remounting the electric fan on the 109 Land Rover

After the desert trip with Glenda and the fan wearing into the radiator, I finally got around to making a permanent(I hope) fix. Purchasing some 1/2" x 1/8" x 4' flat stock I drilled and bent and drilled and bent and welded and trimmed and spaced out the fan from the radiator.
There was 1 unexpected issue; the fan blade rubbed on the new bracket so I had to space it from the bracket. I bought some large nuts that slipped over the 1/4-20 bolts I had welded to the bracket.

Here's the pics;






Let's hope................

2 comments:

  1. Gene, are you concerned at all that air can be forced out the side of the fan instead of through the radiator?
    Have you thought about a shroud?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fan is in puller mode, so it should be sucking it through the rad. The fan sits inside the engine compartment where the stock fans go but there isn't room for one.

      Delete