Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Land Rover interior light

   Well, I'm glad I found out that I needed a third light on the interior before I went off to who knows where. The problem occurs with entering the back door at night. I would have to crawl in to the middle to get to the light. So when at West Marine I picked up another of those swiveling LED lights that I had put in previously. It was just a matter of connecting into the power wire with a posi-tap connector and running a wire to the rear above the gutter. Then I marked and centerpunched for holes and drilled them out. I used the stainless screws provided with the light. The black ground wire I just tucked under one of the mounting screws. So now I can just open the door and reach up and switch on the light!

Light off

Light on


All 3 interior lights ^^^

UPDATE 4/24/2018;  I have decided to replace these lights with some LEDs like the fog and rear red lights from KC Highlites. There will be a forthcoming post on them as I have done the rear light yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment