Friday, May 25, 2012

109 flywheel housing

I went to look to see what I needed to mount the transmission. I knew that some of the studs were missing off the flywheel housing for attaching the bell housing. When I checked them I pulled one of the existing studs and went and bought some new ones. Then I tried to put them in place, this is when I found that some of the holes were threadless and would not hold the stud....GRRRR. So now I had to get a Helicoil set and put in some helicoils. These sets are not cheap!
So I went ahead and bought a set of M10x1 helicoils and put some in the housing. first I drilled out the hole to the proper size 13/32(?) then using the supplied tap I tapped the hole out. Once the hole was cleaned I added a couple of drops of Loctite and using the installing tool I inserted the helicoil. Once the coil wsa in I put in the proper stud and tightened it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment