Thursday, May 31, 2012

109 roof paint!

Okie Dokie, Brian L. came over today and painted the roof. We had gone over to the paint shop yesterday and bought some Limestone paint. Paint code we used was for Dupont 38505 in a Nason brand urethane paint($128.00). We bought a half gallon plus the reducer and catalyst. As I was prepping the roof I noticed that the few months of sitting on my front porch had allowed a buildup of corrosion/crap on it so I spent a hour or so using my vibrating sander with a red scuff pad on it to clean up the alluminim of both the sides and roof top. Then I taped everything off. My paint booth is too small to fit the roof and sides so we sill paint the sides tomorrow. Then next week Brian will paint the replacement parts for my Range Rover and then the paint booth can be taken down! I think the neighbors will like that! Thank you so much for all the brilliant paint work Brian!! So here are some pics from todays painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment