Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Back to the 109

Well let's see the rims came in on Monday from Ok Offroading ( okoffroading.com). Brian and I took them down on Tuesday to get the new KM2's swapped onto the new rims. Lloyds Tire Service swapped them over and there was no charge! They balanced up much better than the others! One of them only needed 1 weight the others used 2, 1 on each side.
Brought them home and took em right from the truck to the axle! They went on easy and no clearance issues with the calipers!!!
I then put together the steering rods and put them on that evening. I was hoping to be able to drop the 109 on the ground that evening but ran out of daylight
Today I went out to run the wiring from the front to the back, you know, the one that runs thru the frame rail. I had run a fish through it last month for when the harness came in I'd be ready.
It took a bit to get the wiring figured out as it came without any info on what went where. So I sat around with my 3 wiring diagrams for Series 2 and 3 and 90/110 trying to figure out what went where. Finally I had sorted the frame rail bit from the rest.
I tied it to the fish and wrapped it with tape to keep it from catching on anything and pulled it into place carefully. But something was wrong (AGAIN!) No matter what I did it was too short! So I emailed the supplier(British Wiring)complete with pictures. They emailed back that they think that an 88 harness was sent instead of a 109 and they would check to see if they had a 109 instock
Does this stuff happen to everybody or just me?
So I put away all the wiring bits and installed the grab bumpers on the rear cross members. Then using My daughters fiance's engine hoist I picked up each end of the frame, removed the saw horses and lowered it to the ground! Yaayyy!!! I now have a rolling chassis
I removed the white hubcaps from the rear hubs and replaced them with the new ones I picked up from Rovah Farm.
I hope that tomorrow will bring me news of the wiring fix......
There is a busy weekend coming up I have to work on Sat for my friend and Sunday is the memorial for Kathy, that is going to be a tough, sad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment