Last year when my roof was replaced I had a noise issue with my bathroom fan. I ordered a new one after figuring out which one I needed. You will have to find the one you need.
Whilst waiting for the new one I took the old one out and cleaned and lubed it. That worked. It had been working for 35 years at that point, unmaintained.
Today it made a squeaking noise as it shut down and as I have the spare I thought I would put it in. The power to my fan is controlled with the light switch so I used flashlights.
Remove the cover;
unplug fan
remove the retaining screw by the receptacle
pull down on unit and it comes out, the side across from the screw had tabs in slots for retention.
There is a clip holding the fan on the motor shaft, prise this off with a screwdriver
Compare parts
Reassemble fan and motor into unit.
Plug in and replace securing screw, flip light switch and test.
Replace cover. My cover has these wire bits which when squeezed together can be inserted or removed into slots in the unit. I find it easier to do 1 side of the wire into the slot then the other, then go do the other side of the cover.
Test again, turn light/fan off and walk away with a spring in your step!
No comments:
Post a Comment