Saturday, June 17, 2023

Land Rover Tex Magna indicator bulb replacement---LED

 17 Jun 2023


    A bout a week ago I noticed my Tex Magna indicator lamp was out. I checked it out and it was indeed the bulb had given its everything to help me safely motor about. I didn't have a spare at hand so I put it back together and commenced a Worldwide search!

   Looking on the usual suspects websites I couldn't find one. So I went to the Series 2 forum that most excellent resource! A search there turned up thread which called for a BA7 lamp. When I looked online for one I saw that it was different than the one I had. A query to the forum showed mine was a BA9. The difference being the 7 had locating lumps and the 9 has locating pins.

  Deciding to go with LED's I searched the Superbright led website; https://www.superbrightleds.com/  my go to for LED's. I didn't find the 12v 2.2w that the TexMagna takes so I asked and was pointed to the BA9 they have.  https://www.superbrightleds.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=BA9


I bought a couple since I didn't know the height of the bulb and thought the diffused bulb might be too tall. I got a green and clear in 2 styles.

They came in the post today so I carefully removed the indicator switch from the steering column.


Here's a look at the top where the bulb shines thru, until it doesn't.


The top on mine comes off with 3 slotted screws. You can see the bulb towards the top of the triangle shape.



Speaking of bulbs, here's a look at the 3 types; diffused led, incandescent factory, clear led.


Simple to replace, really. MUCH HARDER to get a picture of them flashing............



In the end I went with the clear green one and I'll see if I notice it enough to change at some other time.


Thanks for watching, like and subscribe! ;^)

No comments:

Post a Comment