Thursday, March 31, 2022

Land Rover 109 roof rack now more secure

 31 March 2022


     Ever since they came out for the Toyota FJ's in the 70's I always liked the Con-Ferr racks, especially since they also fit the Series Rover. Well Con-Ferr is out of business now and one can find the old style gutter clamp these days at ; http://www.gamiviti.com/rain-gutter-towers


   The one thing I have against them is that they don't fit perfect. The bend in the outside doesn't quite fit the shape of the LR gutter and leaves it looking less secure.


The original bend;


I have a spare so I set about seeing if I could make an easy adjustment of the bend to reach further under the gutter. I came up with this;


I did it by simply holding it with vise grips and hammering the upper bend flat on the back of my vise.


There are 10 of them on my rack, one at a time they were taken off, pounded flat, reinstalled. I like the result! it looks so much more secure!



No comments:

Post a Comment