Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Land Rover wind shield for rear door table

 22 Feb 2021


    I was going to take my steel recycling in and amongst the pile was the old case that the propane burners came out of. As I checked it out I realized that it still had the wind shields attached, something I had been contemplating making for my rear door table since I made it.

My mind jumped to thinking I could install these Coleman ones on my door. So I drilled out the pop rivets on the hinges set them aside and went to the recycling.


Upon returning home I set about trial fitting the shields and worked out a way to mount them. The hinges had to be set outside the stored table.

So on to the pics;


The first 2 show the hinge placement when the table is stored in the upright position.



This crappy image shows the shields in the open position when the table is down.



A better view;


The hinges when the shield is in use;




How the hinges fold up prior to storing the table.


The shields have little wire clamps for securing on the propane case when open, I found these will hook around the support wires for my table when open.


No comments:

Post a Comment