Tuesday, June 19, 2012

109 door seals, bottom

I got the bottom door seals in today. First I had to find the sill channels and remove the old seals. When I took them off I labeled them so I would know where they went back. I drilled out the solid rivets and punched the heads off and out the holes. Some I had to chisel off. Once the rubber seal was off I took a wire wheel lightly to the surface to clean off the dirt on the seal area.
     Next I set the rubber in place, this is when I found out I needed to clean out the holes on the rubber seal as some of them were still solid. I tried a variety of ways and ended up cutting a circle with a razor blade then pulling on the plug and cutting it off with the aforementioned razor blade.
     After lining up the holes I just used 1/4in grip pop rivets in 3/16 diameter. Counting on the metal strip to hold the seal in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment